Now that you have you website build with WordPress, did you give any thought to search engine optimization(SEO)?
What sense does it make to have a beautiful site that isn’t search engine optimized? Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask.com could care less about your pretty photos and web design. They care about things like alt tags, file names, keywords, and hundreds of other really, really boring tech things.
You possible have wrote titles, meta keywords, and meta descriptions on post pages. However, there are lots of things that can be done with WordPress web site or blog to optimize it for search engines.
So, let’s take a look:
- Select an SEO-friendly theme
- Fix URL Canonicaliaztion
- Do not use Free Web Hosting
- Create Sitemap to improve Search Engine discovery
- Host You Site on Apache Server
- Use custom Excerpts
- Create custom Titles, Meta Keywords and Description for optimization
- Use one Category for each post
- Noindex archives and tag pages
- Add alt tags and titles to your Images
- Submit your site to Search Engine/Directories
- Create and maintain Social Network profiles
- Add your business to Google Maps and/or FourSquare
- Exchange backlinks with relevant websites
- Content is the best optimization!