Did you know that most people will review a business’ website before coming in? For example, if a friend says, meet me at Johnny’s Diner in Fairfield, CT, the first place I go is online. Online lists the restaurant’s address, menu items and reviews. With everyone carrying a smart phone in their pockets, why would you expect otherwise?
Whether your company is enormous or just a small mom-and-pop shop; whether you’re brick-and-mortar or all online; whether you’re service-based or selling amazing products, you need a great website. When it comes down to it, in this day and age, the internet will likely be your business card, and it’s often the first impression that your potential consumers will get the privilege of experiencing, so you’ll want to make it a good one! Our clients come various industries and areas of expertise, but one connecting (and resounding) thread is that they all need a great website to continue their current successes and take their companies to the next level.
So what exactly can a website do for your business? Here are a few of our favorite web-born benefits:
- Create Customers: Yes, this sounds intuitive, but many business owners underestimate the customer acquisitions that can come from having a great online presence. Not only can you cater to your current customers by showing them your inventory, products, services, and sales, but you have the potential to attract new customers that may have otherwise never even known that you exist if it weren’t for a “share” on Facebook or a quick plug into a search engine. Your website gives you the opportunity to present yourself to people that could become lifelong consumers, so why wouldn’t you want to leverage the power of this virtual business card?
- Attract Investors: Any business could use an extra dollar or two, and if you are a small business in look of extra working capital, an investor is worth its weight in gold. There are tons of people out there that have the money, ability, and will to support small businesses, but they aren’t likely to contribute their cash if you’re not presenting a face that’s worth representing. You could have the best and brightest products and services, but if you’re not able to be found and researched online, or if you have a super unprofessional-looking website, potential investors will probably just keep clicking until they find somebody more suitable for their stash. By putting your best foot forward, both in person and online, you are increasing your odds for attracting investors that could potentially help you take your business to the next level.
- Build Fans: Even if you’re not enticing every single visitor to purchase something from you, you still have the ability to turn viewers of your website into fans of your company. This, in turn, becomes free advertising. For each “like” you are able to achieve, you’re building more eyes that could potentially view your website, and each new set of eyes represents a new potential customer base. Create an engaging website that people will want to talk about, and invite them to share your thoughts, products, ideas, and services with your audience’s friends. Before you know it, you’ll have fans that are creating more fans, and you’ll have more people interested in your business.
- Show Yourself: A website isn’t simply a place for people to land on when they Google you; it’s your showcase. It’s the place in cyberspace that you can call your very own. It’s where you are more amazing than anybody else, and it’s the place that you get to show your stuff. Utilize photos to show the “behind-the-scenes” stuff in your business. Blog about all of the dos and don’ts that are involved in your business. Be amazing, and utilize your website to show just how much of an expert you really are at your chosen profession.
- Create Relationships: Social media these days is vital, but that’s not the only place where you can engage in social interactions. If you have a website, you’ll want to create a blog, and within that blog, provide a ‘Comments’ or ‘Feedback’ section so your readers can share their thoughts. You might be surprised at the relationships that can be created from this forum. Even if your readers disagree with a product, service, or article that you provide, they’ll likely respect the relationship that you’re trying to create when you’re engaging in the conversation.
Intrigued? We understand why! With the importance of a great website making a bigger and bigger impact in the business world each day, our goal is to help our clients make the most of their cyber real estate space. Our team at OSO Web Studio can help turn your “just okay” website into a “you can’t stay away” cyber place. Contact us, and let us know how we can help you make your website a cyber sensation!