The summer months bring big conferences for marketing, advertising, and web professionals all over the world. If you’re looking for a great way to spend a few days networking and learning more about your craft, check out some of these conferences.
- WDCNZ. This conference is made for web developers that are looking to learn a little more from some of the best. Hosted in Wellington, New Zealand on July 31st, you can spend the day listening to speakers that really know their stuff. At this event, you’re not constrained to a defined schedule. Throughout the day, you’ll have your choice of lectures that are available to best suit your personal needs and interests.
- Open Source Convention. This Open Source Convention combines learning with fun. Portland, OR plays the host for this event, which takes place from July 20th through the 24th. This conference has been going strong for fifteen years, and in this sixteenth year, everybody from developers to business people will learn what Open Source technologies are, how they work, and how to best utilize their offerings.
- CSS Summit. Many people don’t have the time or budget to attend conferences. If this sounds familiar, you don’t have to be left out in the dust. The CSS Summit takes place from the very comfort of your office or home, and the speakers deliver their messages right to your laptop. This 6th annual event starts on July 15th and concludes on July 17th.
- Front-End Design Conference. Once again, Portland, OR owns this one. From August 21st through the 23rd, people will wander through workshops, the conference itself, and meetups and networking events. You’ll get to share your knowledge and learn from some of the best and brightest in the web development world.
- Drupal Camps. There are two Drupal Camps that take place in August. On the 2nd and 3rd, you can find great tools and speakers in Pittsburgh, PA. August 7th through the 10th are hosted by the Twin Cities at the University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis campus. At both of these events, you’re sure to learn a little more about Drupal’s benefits while you network with some great people!
- WebVisions Chicago. If you’re looking for a reason to find your way to the Windy City, you might want to pencil this event into your calendar. This acclaimed conference, which takes place September 25<>th through the 26th. The agenda is loaded with tons of insightful speakers, and you’ll be just a short walk from all of Chicago’s great attractions!
- An Event Apart Austin. This is truly one of the most notable series in the web, marketing, and advertising industries. Austin plays home to this leg of the journey from September 22nd through the 24th. Speakers and sessions will help you load up your knowledge base, and if you stay for the third day, you’ll leave with a lot more knowledge about mobile design, too. Code, content, design, and usability are all at the forefront of the teachings that will take place at this conference.
- Reasons to be Creative. If you have a passion for what you do, and you’re looking for a way to learn more and build your network, Brighton, UK is hosting this event on September 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and you might want to join in on the fun! Creativity comes from the minds of coders, content writers, and everybody in between, and these great minds converge at this conference to learn from one another and emerge inspired.
Our Optimum Systems Online clients are always looking for new ways to meet other industry professionals. If we’ve missed a few great conferences, please feel free to talk about them by utilizing the ‘comments’ section below!